There are several artists with the name Headhunter:
1. Dubstep producer / DJ from Bristol, England
2. German power / thrash metal band Headhunter
3. Hardcore / punk band from Bandung, Indonesia
4. A traditional heavy metal band from Switzerland
1. Headhunter is a dubstep producer / DJ from Bristol, England, currently signed to Tempa. Starting off with twitchy minimal half-step rhythms on the label Ascension he set up with flat-mate Tech Itch (aka Technical Itch), his sound now occupies a niche section of the dubstep scene, sitting comfortably between the ultra-heavy bass styles of Skream, Benga and his Tempa stablemates, and the deeper Berlin influenced techno side of the dubstep coin, favoured by the likes of Pinch, 2562 & Martyn. His debut album 'Nomad' was released in September 2008 on Tempa.
2. Headhunter is a German Power / thrash metal band. When Schmier was kicked out of Destruction in 1989 he found himself in a new band called Headhunter. The band features Schmuddel (Talon) doing guitar work and backing vocals and JÃ¶rg Michael (Stratovarius, Saxon, Running Wild, Grave Digger, Rage, Mekong Delta) on the drums.
The trio would make three albums in the nineties. First was 'Parody Of Life' in 1990. After touring they recorded 'A Bizarre Gardening Accident' in 1992.
The last album they would make in the nineties was 'Rebirth' in 1992.
The group would disappear and Schmier soon rejoin Destruction.
After 14 years the group reunited and recored '[album artist=Headhunter]Parasite of Society' in 2008.
3. Headhunter is a Hardcore/punk band from Bandung, Indonesia. Roma (Exâ€“Sherasupersweet) and Dika (Tragedi, Blind to see, Alice, Ex-Restrain) try to form a group that we think will never happen, but we actually did it. Influence by Converge, Refused, Shai hulud, Black Flag, and Minor Threat.
Bandung â€“ Brutal Noise Hardcore HEADHUNTER brings scratchy voice and raw guitar sound, take music into a new level. Stressed and depressed when we decide to recorded our songs. We spent 6 hours in funhouse recording studio we finally make it to three songs with engineer, Mr. Dimz (Tragedi & Outright)
The two-pieces organized almost everything, Dika take the lower string on Guitar and bass in to B, and he blast the drum out of his mind. Roma grab the mic and make a critical lyrics and brutal voice! Weâ€™ve added elements from hardcore, punk, to southern rock and crust core. â€œWe do the heavy stuff, but we let other types of music drip inâ€
As the results, hereâ€™s the Omnivora - Demo 2008.
4. Headhunter released one self-titled album in 1985.
Last known line-up:
Peter McTanner - Vocals (Bloody Six, Krokus)
Manny Maurer - Guitars (Krokus, Killer (Che), Ain't Dead Yet)
Beat ``Tiger`` Kofmehl - Bass (Killer (Che))
Greg Bleuel - Drums